Saturday, December 25, 2010

New Year's - Here it Comes

Christmas. So far it's been build-up, but this is it. Time to focus so I am ready for this year’s resolution - to make it to Ironman. The ultimate goal. Why?

Wendy Ingraham and Sian Welch crawling across the finish line on their hands and knees, completely spent. When I googled the date, I was surprised to see that immortal moment was only 14 years ago. That means I was already 27, but in my head, it has been a life-long desire to see what if felt like to accomplish something of such magnitude. A desire that I had put in a box in the “in another life category.” Getting to the point of feeling I could actually do it in this life took knowing real people who had done what seemed impossible, that and a little perspective. Thanks Amy, the key to controlling my fear of the water. Jen and Melissa, the push that got me out on the first triathlon. And dude from Racine, for being a punk and doing Arizona. If he can do it, I can too, right? ….and so can Jen, the master of this evil plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment