Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Excuses, Excuses

First all my excuses for not swimming more. The pool at the college where I stared trying to go regularly is closed to all adults for the summer - what! I just paid for a year's worth of access and did not tell me no pool all summer. What am I supposed to do? Oh, there is that lake thing - uh no, what if a boat runs me over, what if I drown. It's too cold. I hate the dirty factor of swimming in a lake (or ocean for that matter). Ok, that's a good excuse, but then find a different indoor pool. The Y has a pool, go check into that. .....checked it out. Nope. I am told that over the summer, kids arrive at 7 am and the last ones don't leave until 8 pm and during that time, "they have the run of the place." this even means the kids bringing their scooters to the Y and using the racquetball courts as scooter riding boxes. PLUS, if there are kids there all day every day other than that little morning window, that's a lot of pee in the pool. This means I would be $40 a month, plus a $60 joining fee for a little window and lots of pee. I have heard that it is good for the skin, but another great excuse not to swim! The gym sort of near my place has a pool, checked that out. Over the phone the manager told me there is a special with only two days left - no joining fee! I go for a tour the next day and the sales guy knows nothing about this special, unless I do the corporate rate - but I already told manager and you that I work for myself these days. hmmmm, and the corporate rate is $38 per month v. the non-corporate rate of $19. double hmmm. Next day that manager calls to ask if I have been to the gym to see a sales person yet. Why yes, yes I have, and the gym and nice facilities, even though the pool was a little too heavy on chemicals and temp, it was clean, but the one problem - sales guy knew nothing of this no joining fee. Manager than gets the hem ha tone of voice, uh yeah, that uh wasn't a special, it is the corporate rate. SHADDDDDD-DDYYYYYY. while I really need to swim, pool that may be problematic because of super chemicals, other direction than work, and shadddy mcgrady. no way. this is a great reason not to swim here. The school just blocks from my work has open swim from 6-7 am. ugh, that means I would have to get up at 5:15 to drive the 30 minutes to the pool, that's just too darn early. dude, how are you going to do a couple ironmans this year if you don't swim and you know you are not going to embrace any of the other swim options. sigh. tomorrow, tomorrow I will get up early and start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment