Tuesday, May 6, 2014

and so it goes

and that's just how my 2013 season went - just like my blog posts, not so well. I did do a lot of open water swimming in Boerne Lake to get ready, but the work situation was dreadful with the commute and the soul killing, and then, the most crucial time for IM prep - the month before, government furlough happened and I had to work an extra day per week, plus 14 hour days, and they cancelled my leave for the race in advance just in case the furlough wasn't over. I was not mentally strong enough to keep IM my priority, and then the person that I thought was my local support got all jealous and wouldn't tell me where the lodgings were then purposefully pulled a prank in the water to increase my fear of the water, my IM ended in the water. But I learned a lot on what I need to be successful, what kind of person some people are, how fabulous others are, and 2014 is the reset. First big race - Ironman Wisconsin! yes, being a big failure in 2013 didn't deter me, I can do much better than I did in 2013 with life, work, location getting me down. I'm super excited for this year as it will culminate with Arizona, and great people there to cheer me on. so excited about 2014. I have started it out with taking a swim clinic. first class a major stroke issue defect fixed! at least average swim time, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment