Friday, June 6, 2014

Turns out the college swimmer can see everything

Go me! three days of swimming this week! And a full mile this morning. Turns out DC can see what I'm doing in the water. She is super nice, the first morning I actually showed up at the pool she shouts, 'good morn-ning!' in acknowledgement of my finally making it there (very funny), and is all around encouraging. Today in the locker room post swim she commented, "you are looking better in the water already." at first I was mortified that she had even noticed - yes, yes, I am seriously silly in worrying about looking so bad in the water, but then smiled from the inside out - that's right, I am a swimmer now. You can call me the early morning swim lady. ...and then my friend Jen sent me a message of encouragement about my biking, but started with, 'wait, let's pause and acknowledge your swimming this week!!' during the week she had also sent a message saying, 'you are going to crush the swims this year.' she's a rock star.

No comments:

Post a Comment