Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's day

last night I had these great plans, I was going to get up early, jump on the bike, head to the nutrition store to check out the latest, etc..... when the alarm went off, I hit snooze, then turned it off. 12:30 I finally woke up -- oops. Still, I stayed in bed reading junk for another 3 hours. 3 p.m. and I finally got up! that wasn't quite how the iron will for new year. I did make it to the apt complex gym by 4 p.m. (gyms are not open in South Texas on New Year day and my efforts to find a new year's day race found the closest one a 4 hour drive away). hear the excuses already? gym tread mill -- I ended up on it for 2 hours 45 minutes, the last hour because I was trying to avoid the dude at the gym who was not leaving until I did and I wanted to stretch before leaving without putting my butt on display for him. In the end, I left without stretching and with him following me out the door. Hello New Year at the motivations that will keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment